Rainbow mountain, 1 day - early leaving to avoid crowds!
Price as of 2022:
Group service up to 20 people (mini bus): US$ 22 or 80 soles each person.
Private service (small group): US$ 87 or 320 soles each person.
What is included? Tour guide, transport, a buffet breakfast, a buffet lunch.
Availability: Every day.
How to pay it? We’ll collect the payment at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4:30 am of your chosen date.
The Rainbow mountain hike is very recommended for mountain lovers, who also want a challenge so you will start hiking from a very high point at 4600 masl (15093 ft), we recommend to be acclimatize to the altitude for 2 days in Cusco city, and keen to get over 5100 masl (16728 ft) in only 2 hours.
You will be pick at your acommodation from 4:00 through 4:30 am.
Our bus leaves at 4:45 am from Cusco city driving for 2 hours to the breakfast place at Cusipata, after breakfast it takes one more hour driving to the beginning of hiking.
Nowadays the road ends very near of the rainbow mountain so you only need no more than 2 hours hiking uphill to the highest point from 4600 masl to 5100 masl, on the way you will meet andean people wearing their traditional clothes made on their own from alpacas, and sheep wool they raised.
By the summit located at 5100 masl (17000 ft) you will get a breathtaking view of the “Rainbow mountain” also surrounded by colorful mountains, like the Red Valley, the Ausangate glacier (6372 masl).
You will have a proper time to enjoy the unique view of this colorful mountain.
If you want to go to the optional “Red Valley” you need to take some extra money of 10 soles (US$3) which takes 30 more minutes uphill from Rainbow mountain pass, and 1 hour downhill to the beginning point.
Otherwise from the Rainbow mountain pass you have to hike downhill for an hour and a half to the beginning point to drive an hour to the restaurant for lunch at Cusipata, afterwards 2 more hours driving back to Cusco arriving at 5:00 pm.
You also can ride a horse round trip for 80 soles (US$20), so a horseman will be pulling each horse for your security.
What is included:
– Bus round trip from Cusco to the beginning point.
– A buffet breakfast at Cusipata.
– Bilingual tour guide (English, and Spanish).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– A buffet lunch at Cusipata.
What do you need to take?
– 5 soles for the entrance fee at Cusipata to the local municipality.
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Rainbow mountain, controlled by the local andean community.
– 10 soles for the optional Red Valley.
– Extra 120 soles (US$30) for some expenses like renting a horse (80 soles), snacks, etc.
– Proper clothes, three layers at least due to temperatures varies from -5 °C to 25 °C.
– Rain jacket, and rain poncho (rainy season from October through middle April).
– Bottled water, light daypack, snacks, hat, sunglasses, mittens, beanie.