Humantay lake, 1 day - early leaving to avoid crowds!
Price as of 2022:
Group service up to 20 people (mini bus): US$ 22 or 80 soles each person.
Private service (small group): US$ 87 or 360 soles each person
What is included? Tour guide, transport, a buffet breakfast, a buffet lunch.
Availability: Every day.
How to pay it? We’ll collect the payment at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4.30 am of your chosen date.
A “must do” hike going by bus along the mountains of Cusco area to sight the nevado of Salkantay (6271 masl – 20569 ft), also to hike to the bottom of the Humantay glacier where lays the unique turquoise Humantay lake.
You will be pick up at your accommodation from 4:00 am through 4:30 am, so the bus leaves by 4:45 am from Cusco city taking 2 hours driving to Mollepata the breakfast place, afterwards it takes an hour, and a half driving to Soraypampa the beginning point at 3900 masl (12792 ft).
After being impressed by the view of the Salkantay glacier located a few km away, you will hike 2 hours uphill to the bottom of the Humantay glacier, and its turquoise lake which is at 4200 masl (13776) doing 300 meters (984 ft) uphill, over there you will have time likely 20 to 30 minutes to explore on your own around this peaceful lake.
The way back takes 1, and a half hour downhill to Soraypampa where the bus will take you for an hour, and a half back to Mollepata, the lunch place.
After lunch, it takes 2 more hours by bus back to Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm.
What is incuded?
– Bus round trip from Cusco to Soraypampa, the beginning point.
– A buffet breakfast at Mollepata.
– Bilingual tour guide (Spanish, and English).
– First Aid kit (bottled oxigen, and others).
– A buffet lunch at Mollepata.
What you need to take with you?
– 20 soles for the entrance fee at Mollepata.
– Extra 160 soles (US$ 40) for some expenses like horse riding (100 soles or US$ 25), bottled water, snacks, etc.
– Warm clothes, three layers at least due to temperature could varies from 0 °C to 25 °C.
– Rain jacket, and rain poncho on rainy season from October through middle April.
– Light daypack, bottled water (2 liters), snacks, sunglasses, hat, mittens, beanie.